Jean is a bright young woman who comes from a rich and famous family. She goes to a good university and has everything that money can buy. Well, almost everything. The problem is that the people in Jean’s family are so busy that they can hardly find time to be with her. In fact, Jean is quite lonely.
So Jean spends a lot of time on her QQ. She likes being anonymous(匿名), talking to people who do not know about her famous family and her rich life. She uses the name Linda on QQ and has made a lot of friends who she keeps in touch with quite often. Last year Jean made a very special friend on QQ. His name was David and lived in San Francisco. David w
as full of stories and jokes. He and Jean had a common(共同的) interest in rock music and modern dance. So it always took them hours to talk happily on QQ and sometimes they even forgot their time. Of course, they wanted to know more about each other. David sent a picture of himself: He was a tall, good-looking young man with a big, happy smile. As time went by, they became good friends and often sent cards and small things to each other.
When Jean’s father told her that he was going on a business trip to San Francisco, she asked him to let her go with him so that she could give David a surprise for his birthday. She would take him the latest DVD of their favorite rock singer. But when she knocked on David’s door in San Francisco, she found that her special friend was a twelve-year-old boy named Jim!
1. Jean spends a lot of her time on QQ because she is _______.
A. rich B. famous C. young D. lonely
2. Jean thought “David” was special because he _______.
A. made her quite happy on QQ B. was from San Francisco
C. sent her a picture of himself D. was tall and good-looking
3. When Jean and “David” met and introduced themselves to each other, who felt surprised?
A. “David”. B. Both “David” and Jean.
C. Jean. D. Neither “David” nor Jean.
4. What’s the main idea of the passage?
A. Don’t believe those you get to know on QQ so easily.
B. People don’t use their real names on QQ so often.
C. Don’t go to meet those you get to know on QQ.
D. People should tell their real names to others on QQ.
1. 選D。由第1段的句子…In fact, Jean is quite lonely. 可知答案選D。
3. 選C。文章的最后一句…she found that her special friend was a twelve-year-old boy named Jim!告訴我們，當Jean發現她那特殊的朋友是一個12歲的小孩時，用了一個感嘆號結尾，雖然作者沒有直接說Jean感到驚訝，但是我們可以從這個標點符號推斷出她的感覺應該是十分surprised(驚訝的)。